so much yarn... so little time!

20.3.06

dye lots

I started my project, and I bought the yarn. And 1/3 of the way through, as I was changing skeins, I realized that there was a significant color difference. Not a happy moment. But worse was to come. I went to the store searching for that same starting color, but all the skeins I looked at under those store lights looked mostly the same; no wonder my problem arose in the first place. I had an incredibly difficult time, even though I brought samples of what I was searching for. I finally bought a skein, hoping for the best. No luck. Instead of matching the starting color, it matched the newer color. Result: I'll be starting the project again. *resigned sigh*

I think that if the skeins say "no dye lot" then they should all be the same color. Is that too much to ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home