so much yarn... so little time!

1.5.09

unexpected

To follow up on the last post here, I used the pattern Intuitive Shell Socks to make the socks for the Sock-CAL at the 'Ville. I used the yarn I got from The Loopy Ewe (wonderful, beautiful yarn!), and the hook suggested by the author of the pattern.


I modified the amount of sc's before beginning the motif stitch so I could start it earlier, and all was going well until I hit the heel. It's an afterthought-type heel where you put the heel in after completing the rest of the sock, and it gave me absolute fits. So after a couple hours of messing around, I found a solution that worked.

I made the heel using the same stitch pattern as the foot, but I decreased in the round to make the heel cup. It worked, but was really messy, so I plan on using it again to see if I can make it more logical, or... intuitive. :)

The Sock-CAL was a blast, and I enjoyed the conversation during the process. Once again, a big hurrah for the organizers at the 'Ville. You ladies are the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home