so much yarn... so little time!

9.2.09

warm hands cold fingers

On a whim, the other day I made some fingerless gloves. Okay, okay, it was because I wanted to show up a friend; but in the nicest way possible, I promise. :) Plus the fact that my office gets so cold that my fingers stiffen up.



I picked Fetching, from Knitty's 2006 Summer Issue (their patterns are so excellent!). The changes that I made were to use US size 4 needles (3.5mm), to cast on 40 sts instead of the suggested 45, to put in an extra repeat of the cables, to shorten the hand part below the thumb, and to lengthen the hand part above the thumb.

Overall I like the way that they came out. They worked up quickly and the cabling got easier the more I did it. The yarn used was Patons SWS, from my stash.

And speaking of stash, I am happy to say that I have yet to buy yarn in 2009. :) The stash busting continues!

1 Comments:

At 12/3/09, Blogger KnitFloozy said...

Whre are mine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home