so much yarn... so little time!

27.7.07

bags, of the carrying kind

Two more bits of de-stashing evidence for your waiting eyes!
The first one is made from the Po-Boy pattern, found at the Berroco site. Well it's mostly from that pattern. I didn't like the outside pocket, so I ommitted that and put a cell phone pocket on the inside instead. I also went ahead and crochet-ed the strap, instead of using their strap suggestion. The yarn in question is Lily's Sugar 'n Cream (worsted weight), and I did use the suggested hook. I liked the way it turned out, and I'm looking forward to debut-ing it sometime soon. Green, or Hot Green to be exact, is a lovely color.

The next bit was made from a Bernat pattern. I'd link the location, but I don't know where to find it exactly, plus I think you'd have to register to access the free pattern, and that kind of thing doesn't really appeal to me. The black yarn is Caron Simply Soft, and the red yarn is Red Heart; both are worsted weight. The pattern here called for a chunky weight yarn, but that was not in my stash so it did not get used. Also, there were additional rows of increasing that I did not want, so I ommitted those. Furthermore, I didn't want handles of only one color, so there were modifications with them. However, I did use the recommended hook. All in all, it turned out well. It's not really my style, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but it is pretty cute. I'm proud of it.

Both bags are about 8x9 inches or thereabouts. So you could fit a wallet, keys, a pen, and even a paperback book in there without bulging the sides. I like that size. Smallish, yet useful.



2 Comments:

At 1/8/07, Blogger KnitFloozy said...

so you know im expecting a pink and a brown bag right? this is too cute!

 
At 9/8/07, Blogger beanchild said...

lol. glad you like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home