so much yarn... so little time!

28.2.08

black hole

Certain projects are more time consuming than others. The one I'm working on at the moment is one of those for sure. I work at it and work at it, and the progress is sloooooow. And along the way I find more parts that irritate me. That being said, when it's done, it's going to be beautiful. And after I write up the corrections, perhaps I'll make another one out of very very light wool. Maybe.


Pictured here is the body, front and back panels. The sleeves are almost done, after which I have to widen out the body about 3 more inches and then put all the pieces together.

Hook size is a 3.25mm, and the yarn is Bernat's Baby, in antique white. The yarn is pretty friendly, and the repetitions within the pattern are easy to memorize.

The problem comes in the pattern. I've done this blouse before, and I had the hardest time working through the pattern. I got the guage right (or so I thought), but even so, the blouse ended up at least a size too big, plus the sleeves could have fit a small moose. This time I got a better guage, and modified the math, and it is looking to be perfect in length, sleeve, neck, but too narrow. Lol. Talk about frustrating!

I am definitely going to re-write this pattern after I'm done. Definitely. As for where I got the pattern, I'll hunt around and see if I can find the link. It was an old one that Annie's Attic featured as a free daily.

1 Comments:

At 12/6/08, Blogger Zola said...

You're so good at this!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home