so much yarn... so little time!

3.6.09

eleanora of toledo

I started this project in January, and finished it a couple of weeks ago. It was long going, but I enjoyed the journey. I'd do these again, but not immediately. :)

Here are the finished Eleanora stockings:

With the cuff turned up, full length.

On my foot, cuff turned down as will be worn regularly.

And for those curious about the foot detail, I offer the following shot:



One reason that it'll be a little bit before I do these again has to do with the sizing. The stockings fit, however I like my footwear to be just a tad more snug. So before I do them again, I'll have to do some math to drop the initial stitch count a bit and then have that decrease continue proportionately.

This pattern is not for the faint of heart, and I would suggest very strongly that you already have some knowledge of sock knitting/construction before starting. That being said, if you like what you are seeing, grab needles and yarn and do this thing; it is definitely worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home