so much yarn... so little time!

1.5.08

simples

My old kitchen scrubbies were wearing out, so I knit up a couple more for the practice in stitching, and to use up some cotton that was lying about. I'm still working on the destashing kick. By hook or by needle I will get the stash down to what I see as a manageable level! I will!

*cough* Anyway:

Regular worsted weight, and size 8 (5mm) needles. The blue one on the right is garter stitch, and the multicolored one on the left is a k2, p2 alternating (if I remember arightly). Used for washing dishes (right), and cleaning counters (left).

After those two, I decided to get creative and do a body wash cloth:


Same size needles, with the pattern being k2, p2 for two rows and then p2, k2 for the next two rows. I liked the way it turned out, but for the next cloth, I'll go down one or two sizes on the needles for a closer fabric. This one becomes more holey than I appreciate when wet.

I like the way the fabric works up though, and my beta tester was impressed by how well it worked. I know its early, but I think I may keep it in mind for Christmas time. Or even birthdays/housewarmings. Ahh the possibilities!

1 Comments:

At 12/6/08, Blogger blackcats said...

COOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home