so much yarn... so little time!



Pictures of a work in progress, since I don't have any FO pictures to share, but don't want to leave my readers in the mist.
And I'm happy to say that I'm still stashbusting away. Slow progress but steady. :)

First, a view from the front:

Next, a view from the back, where you can see the calf decreases coming to a pretty point:

Finally, a view of the cuff, turned down:

The yarn being used is Zephyr, a merino/tussah silk blend, and the needles are a size 00 (1.75mm). The pattern is the Eleanora of Toledo stockings, courtesy of Lady Anne of Atlantia.

I really, really like the cuffs. :)


blue on black

More stashbusting results. :)

A lovely garter stitch scarf, made on US 8 (5mm) needles with Caron's Simply Soft. I decided not to cut the ends of the yarn each time I changed colors and experimented with carrying each color up the sides of the rows when not in use. It wasn't a bad way (twisting the yarn and continuing on), but I still saw the not-in-use color pretty clearly. The recipient won't be looking as close as I did, but I'm still going to look for invisible carrying methods.

The front and back have a slightly different look, as you can see. I like both sides. :)