so much yarn... so little time!


koolhaas hat

I gave it a go. And it was good. Using a set of size 7 dpns and a size 5 circular, instead of the size 8 and 6 circulars respectively. I didn't have any yak yarn, so used acrylic from my stash (yay! for stashbusting!!).

It's too small for my head, and working the rounds with the dpns was giving me fits, so I will go and invest in the suggested tools to make the next one. :) That being said, I didn't really need a stitch marker when using the dpns, so that was a bonus.

I took pics, but imo they did not turn out as well as I had hoped. Trust me that the hat looks much better in person. :D

Enough text, here are the pics, no flash and flash respectively:

yellow koolhaas without flash

yellow koolhaas with flash


green karma

I saw a picture on BrooklynTweed's blog of a hat. He had taken someone else's pattern and tweaked the crown decreases. I was taken by the picture and decided to give it a whirl. Didn't have the "good" yarn, and didn't have the right sized needles, but who cares! I dove into it anyway, using dpns instead of circulars.

Here's how it turned out:

karma hat done in green acrylic
Not that bad, I must admit. The next time I do this, I'll decrease a size or two on the needles for the ribbing. It reminds me more of a bell-type jelly than I can say. :)